- Unlike many forms of massage or bodywork, the Trager Approach does not use extreme pressures, nor does it use rapid thrusts to create structural change.
- A full Trager session traditionally lasts from 60 to 90 minutes, although shorter sessions can still produce profound effects. During an initial conversation, we will discuss what you would like to gain from each session. You will be encouraged to give feedback during the session to make it even more effective.
- You may choose to wear light, comfortable clothing or underwear for the tablework. You will be covered and warm, as you lie on a well-padded table in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Your body is supported and gently moved within its pain-free range and natural rhythms.
- Mentastics® are an important part of the Trager experience. These are simple, effortless, self-care movements that Dr. Trager developed to encourage playful exploration of “what could be freer” for our bodies. Integrating Mentastics into your daily life will allow you to recall and enhance feelings of ease, freedom, flexibility, and joy.